India’s largest industry sector is Construction and, after agriculture, the country’s second-largest source of employment. India’s construction sector is expected to grow gradually over the next four quarters
Top 10 construction companies in India 2023:
We all know that construction field is always live in nature as it is part of every individuals basic necessities. When is comes to types of construction there are four key types of construction include residential, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure, which covers nearly every construction project. Best Construction companies list helps one to understand how influential and significate these companies are.
1. Larsen & Toubro Ltd
CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan
Founded: 7 February 1938, Mumbai
Revenue – INR 147,813.26 crore
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd, or L&T is a Mumbai-based global business with interests in engineering, construction, manufacturing, technology, and financial services. Two Danish engineers developed it in India.It is one of India’s largest and most well-known private companies. Larsen & Toubro Limited is the most enduring legacy of two Danish engineers who founded a world-class company in India’s engineering and construction sectors.
2. Reliance Infrastructure Ltd
CEO: Punit Garg
Headquarters: Navi Mumbai
Founded: 1 October 1929
Revenue: INR 20,972 crores
- Originally known as Reliance Energy Limited and Bombay Suburban Electric Supply, Reliance Infrastructure Limited is an Indian private sector company that specializes in energy generation, infrastructure, construction companies in India, and defense. It is owned by the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. Reliance Infrastructure Ltd is a well-known utility company that operates in all aspects of the power value chain, including generation, transmission, distribution, and power trading. The firm grew quickly with the completion of two 250 MW generation projects at Dahanu in 1995-96.
3. Macrotech Developers Pvt Ltd
Industry – Real estate & construction
Founded – 1980
Formerly – Lodha Developers
Revenue – INR 2,534 crore
- The Lodha Group is also known as Macrotech Developers is a Mumbai-based Indian real estate company. It was Introduced in 1980 by Mangal Prabhat Lodha. It has collaborated with Design Architects, Structural Consultants, Interior Design Partners, Service Partners, Financial Partners, and suppliers from the Sanitary Ware, Bathroom Fittings, Kitchens, Cement, Cables, and other sectors.
4. Punj Lloyd Ltd
Founder: Atul Punj
Revenue: INR 5,585.77 crores
Number of employees: 7,359
- Punj Lloyd is Indian engineering, procurement, and construction firm focused on the energy, infrastructure, and defense sectors. The Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, South Asia, and Europe are all areas where the business operates. Punj Lloyd was formed by Atul Punj, the Punj family’s third generation. He started the pipeline branch of Punj Sons Private Limited in 1982, which was later called Punj Lloyd Engineering Private Limited in 1988.
5. Sadbhav Engineering Ltd
Founder: Vishnubhai M. Patel
Founded: 3 October 1988
Revenue – INR 4,974 crore
- Sadbhav Engineering Limited is a civil engineering and construction company situated in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The firm was founded in 1988 by Vishnubhai M. Patel. Sadbhav has performed projects in the building of roads and highways, bridges, mining, and irrigation infrastructure assistance. Two of the company’s industries are EPC contracts and BOT. Earthen dams, siphons, canal renovation, and improvements are also among the firm’s specialties.
6. Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
Owner – Pallonji Mistry
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded – 1865
- The Shapoorji Pallonji Group or Shapoorji Pallonji is a Mumbai-based Indian corporation. It operates in a variety of industries, including construction, real estate, textiles, engineered goods, home appliances, shipping, publishing, energy, and biotechnology. The success of Shapoorji Pallonji in sustainable engineering is owing to a strong workforce of over 70,000 people who prioritize safety, led by over 400 safety advocates and inspired by the slogan “Either Safe Work or Refusal.”
7. Dilip Buildcon Ltd
Industries – Civil Engineering
Company size – 201-500 employees
Headquarters – Bhopal, MP
Revenue – INR 29,292 million
- Dilip Buildcon Limited (DBL), located in Bhopal, is a major full-service infrastructure firm with capabilities in roads and bridges, sewage dams, irrigation, industrial commercial, mining, water sanitation, and residential projects, with a presence in over 17 states. Devendra Jain is the Company’s Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer. As a recent engineering graduate, he began working at Dilip Builders in 1995. The company’s sales boom has propelled it into India’s top ten civil construction companies in Indian.
8. Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd
Founder: Walchand Hirachand
Founded: 27 January 1926
Number of employees: 1,900
Revenue – INR 81.50 billion
- HCC Limited, also known as Hindustan Construction Firm Limited, is an Indian a construction firm that works in engineering and construction companies in India, real estate, infrastructure, urban development, and management. HCC Ltd., a large-scale civil engineering and infrastructure business founded in 1926 by entrepreneur Seth Walchand Hirachand, works on projects such as hydel power plants,
nuclear power plants, expressways and highways, tunnels, and bridges. The transportation, electricity, and water infrastructure sectors are currently served by HCC.
9. NCC Ltd
Founder: AVS Raju
Revenue – 53,9 billion SEK
- In 1978, NCC Limited was founded as a partnership, then in 1990, it became a limited company. NCC has grown steadily during the previous three decades. It is one of India’s leading construction companies in Indian businesses in terms of revenue. NCC is a civil construction firm that works in fields including buildings, water, roads, irrigation, power, railroads, metals, and mining. It is also active in the Middle East, where it is now working on roads, buildings, and water.
10. Simplex Infrastructures Ltd
Industries – Civil Engineering
Company size – 1001-5000 employees
Type – Public Company
- Simplex Infrastructures Limited (SIL) is one of the most interesting multinational corporations engaged in the creation of large industrial and public infrastructure. The firm was founded by H.P. Lancaster of the United Kingdom on December 19, 1924, and was later taken over by the Mundra family of Kolkata following India’s independence. Industrial Urban Utilities Ground Engineering Power SIL offers a variety of services, including construction, housing, roads, railways, bridges, and marine. In India as well as abroad, the organization has a diverse geographical reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the No 1 construction company in India?
Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
Who is the biggest builder in India?
Prestige Group and Lodha Group
Who is the richest contractor in India?
Mangal Prabhat Lodha of Macrotech Developers (Lodha Group)
Indias best engineering company
BHEL- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited is the biggest Engineering Company in India
25 Sectors of Make in India
Automobile AUTOMOBILE COMPONENTS Automobile Components AVIATION Aviation BIOTECHNOLOGY Biotechnology Chemicals Construction Defence Manufacturing Electrical Machinery Electronic Systems Food Processing IT and BPM Leather Media and Entertainment Mining Oil and Gas Pharmaceuticals Ports and Shipping Railways Renewable Energy Roads and Highways Space Textiles and Garments Thermal Power Tourism and Hospitality Wellness