We all know that housewives and housewives are the managers of the family and do some very important work in taking care of the home and family. In this challenging job, there is never a day off.
However, if you are a stay-at-home mom, work-from-home mom, or homemaker, you may feel that you want to do something more and have the opportunity to earn some money.
Fortunately, there are many jobs that housewives can do from home that doesn’t affect your daily routine, are simple, flexible, and don’t require any investments.
6 Steps to earn money for Housewives
Become an Insurance POSP
A POSP (or point of the seller) is someone who sells insurance products. They are insurance agents who work with insurance companies to sell policies to customers tailored to their individual needs.
- Is there any investment or need? – To be an insurance agent, you must be above 18 years and must have completed the 10th standard. If you meet these requirements, you will also have to complete 15 hours of mandatory training by IRDAI to get your license.
- How much can you earn? – Your income is based on commission, so how much you earn depends on the number of policies you sell. The more you sell, the higher your income will be.
- Essentially, anyone with an aptitude for selling can become a POSP Agent, as long as you have a smartphone and a good internet connection.
Sell Homemade Items
Another easy way to make money from home is to sell homemade products online. This includes baked goods, healthy snacks, scented candles, wall hangings, tablecloths, and decorative items. If you have skills in arts and crafts or cooking, you can easily register yourself as a seller on platforms like Etsy, Amazon, Flipkart, or Ajio.
Or, you can reach out to your circle of friends and relatives on social media and sell your products directly to them using a secondary distribution service.
- Is there any investment or need? – You need to invest in raw materials for your products like cooking ingredients or handicrafts.
- How much can you earn money? – Your income depends on the products you sell, your marketing skills, and the sales partner platform you choose. Also, you can set your products at higher prices.
Look for Translation Jobs
If you know several languages, an idea for housewives to make money is as a translator. People need to translate documents, voice mails, papers, subtitles, and more. You can contact translation agencies or freelancing portals like Freelance India, Upwork, or TrueLancer.
- Is there any investment or need? – It doesn’t involve much investment, and no specific education is usually required.
- How much can you earn money? – Your income depends on the number of languages you know. Additionally, when you pay per word, you can earn money between ₹1 to ₹4 per word depending on the language.
- Remember that you can always earn more if you know a foreign language (like French, Russian, Spanish, or Japanese) and get a certificate for it.
Start a Blog
One of the most popular ways to make money from home is to start a blog. Anyone can be a blogger, all you need is an area of interest like travel, arts and crafts, food, books, decor, etc.
You can sign up on blogging platforms like WordPress, Weebly, Medium, or Blogger. Then, all you have to do is write about these interests, and once your blog is up and running and getting some traffic, you can start earning from ads.
Additionally, you can sell PDFs, printables, ebooks, etc. on your blog, especially if you share things like recipes or crafting instructions.
- Is there any investment or need? – Not much investment unless you want to buy a specific domain name. However, it is useful for you to master the skills of search engine optimization (or SEO) so that your site is more visible.
- How much money can you earn? – Your income depends on the traffic to your site, your location, and the number of readers. With the most popular site, you can earn ₹2,000-15,000 per month for 2″x2″ ad space.
- How to monetize a blog? – Most popular blog monetization strategies include display ads, affiliate marketing and drop shipping. Display ads are the least profitable paying around $10 per 1000 visitors. With affiliate marketing you can expect $50-$100 from thousand visitors And with drop shipping – you are in full control of your profit margins and profit may be higher compared to affiliate marketing if you come up with clever product design ideas that fits well your blog’s target audience. Nowadays you can dropship a wide selection of products ranging from phone cases to custom print shoes with your unique design. Select products that fit your site’s niche for the highest conversion.
Start a YouTube Channel
Even if you’re not a fan of writing, but you still have a passion that you want to share with the world, you can start a YouTube channel. Just like a blog, you can share any type of content on YouTube, from recipes and cooking, to dance or art tutorials. You don’t need to sign up for any special sites, all you need is an email address and a YouTube account. Also, just like a blog, you can earn through ads.
Apart from advertising revenue, if you gain more followers, you can also seek additional income through paid sponsorship deals with brands that you can advertise in your video.
- Is there any investment or need? – There is no investment other than the materials or supplies you need.
- How much can you earn? – Your earnings depend on the size of your audience; On average, you can earn money ₹200 to ₹500 per video with 10k views and it increases with the number of views.
Become a Travel Agent or Planner
One of the most underrated jobs for housewives is working from home as a travel agent. Travel arrangements and ticket bookings can all be done online these days, but they can be a big hassle for those who are busy or unfamiliar with the internet. This creates a huge market for travel agents and planners. You can sign up to work on a site like Upwork, AvantStay, or Hopper or work as a self-employed travel agent.
- Is there any investment or need? – There is no investment or requirement involved, however, you should know how to find cheap flights, cheap hotel bookings, and other good travel deals.
- How much can you earn money? – How much you earn money depends on your clients, the company you work for, or the types of vacations you handle (for example, luxury vacations, family vacations, etc.).
Technology has made it easier than ever for homemakers and housewives looking for how to earn money online without any investment. This task is easier than it seems and you need some time to make the most of these opportunities and earn some money sitting at home.