Youtube is one of the world’s largest social networks, allowing users to watch, upload and share videos from various sources, as well as being the second most popular search engine. With the unlimited number of videos on YouTube, it can be challenging to find the type of video you want. As a result, the YouTube search filter tool allows users to narrow down results based on their search parameters.
The filter tool sorts the results by comparing these movies against criteria like upload date, genre, duration, and features. What to do if the YouTube search filter isn’t working? Millions of videos are posted on YouTube every day, making it very challenging to find a video without filters.
This is a common problem faced by many users and it prevents users from sorting videos properly. Continue reading the article to know how to fix this problem.
How Does YouTube Search Filter Work?
A user can search for videos using the YouTube search filter function and then filter them based on the following criteria:
- Length of video, for example, less than 4 minutes
- The video was posted on YouTube, for example, in the last hour.
- Video quality, for example, HD
- What type of video do you prefer, for example, channel or video?
As a result, the YouTube filter allows you to more precisely find the video you want to watch.
What Is The Cause Of YouTube Search Filters Not Working?
It is probably because of two reasons:
- The problem usually arises when YouTube administrators remove graphic or illegal content from the site. To prevent viewers from watching videos, they usually disable the YouTube search filter function. As a result, the filter tool is not working.
- Due to the high amount of YouTube cache and data, the YouTube app may sometimes behave abnormally. If you’re on a desktop, your browser’s cache may be causing your YouTube search to fail.
How to fix the YouTube search filter not working error?
If you are facing the problem of the YouTube search filter not working and need to get the filter working again, try the methods given below.
Delete Data And Cache On The Mobile
- Go to your device’s Settings menu, select “Apps” and then select YouTube.
- Select “Storage” and it will give you two options: Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- After clearing the cache, check if the YouTube search filter is working. If not, go to settings and precision data to see if that fixes the problem.
- However, depending on the number of cookies placed on your device, it may take some time to clear the cache. Once the process is complete, try refreshing to see if the settings are working properly.
Clearing Browser Cooking On Chrome
The YouTube search filter may not always work due to the large number of cookies and cache stored in your Chrome browser. To fix this problem immediately, clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- On your computer, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the menu button (three dots) in the upper right corner of the window.
- From the “More Tools” option, select “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Select a period in the “Basic” tab. Select “All Time” to start from the beginning.
- Select “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” from the drop-down options.
- Finally, click “Clear Data” to delete all cache and cookies.
Google Advance Search
Use Google Advanced Search when searching for information. This tool will provide you with more details about your needs, allowing you to narrow down your search. To fix a broken YouTube search filter, go to Google.com and use the advanced search feature.
Google.com, in particular, has a filter tool, so you can use that to search for videos and then use the filter tool to narrow down your results.
- You can use Google Advanced Search on Google.com to get the services of a broken YouTube search filter.
- Put “site:youtube.com” after the video title to use this tool.
- The tool in the left corner will help you categorize your search.
- After getting the information, put it to good use.
- There are two ways to sort results: any time, any place, any result
As a result, you will be able to get the YouTube filters to operate correctly.
Internet Connection Problem
An unstable internet connection can occasionally cause filters to malfunction. Check your internet connection with a speed test, if it is unreliable then try again or move to another network.
While YouTube’s restricted mode is a valuable option for filtering adult and inappropriate videos, it’s not always accurate and may interfere with your search filters.
- Launch the YouTube app.
- In the upper right corner, click on your profile symbol.
- Select “Settings” and then “General” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to “Restricted Mode” and disable it.
Update or Reinstall
Lastly, if none of the above methods work for you, there may be a bug in the YouTube app that stops it from working properly, resulting in the YouTube search filter not working error. You can resolve this by uninstalling or disabling the program or by updating the app.